EcoBlend: It's What's at the Heart of Hart
Clean, safe and friendly - these are words that describe why our customers choose to live on Long Island. That's why EcoBlend heating oil is the perfect fuel for our Nassau County, Suffolk County and Queens, New York friends and neighbors. EcoBlend heating oil has all these benefits ... and more.
EcoBlend is safe.
- It will not burn in a liquid state. In order to light EcoBlend heating oil on fire, you must heat it above 140 degrees, the temperature at which it begins to vaporize.
- There are visible warnings if there is a burner malfunction. With home heating oil systems, carbon monoxide leaks rarely happen without warning. If a burner should malfunction, it will release smoke or soot as a visible warning; these serve as early indicators that something is wrong long before dangerous levels of carbon monoxide can be released into the air.
- It is non-explosive. A match dropped into EcoBlend heating oil will go out as if it were dropped into water.
EcoBlend is "Green."
- It burns cleanly. Today's EcoBlend heating oil burns more than 95% cleaner than conventional heating oil did in 1970. Since it burns so cleanly, it comes well within the air pollution standards set by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- It is kind to the environment. In fact, residential heating oil equipment creates such a negligible amount of emissions that EcoBlend heating oil is not even regulated by the Federal Clean Air Act.
- It can be blended with renewable resources. Read more about our clean and green Bioheat® fuel blend, EcoBlend heating oil.
EcoBlend is dependable.
- It offers dependable and safe storage. With EcoBlend heating oil, you benefit from having your fuel source safely stored in a tank on your property - with no need to worry about the weather or disruptions in the fuel supply.
- There will always be a plentiful supply. Even during the coldest winter months, there's more than enough heating oil for everyone. In fact, the United States has a Strategic Petroleum Reserve with a capacity of 727 million barrels, the world's largest emergency oil stockpile, in addition to a one-million-barrel heating oil reserve. There are over 100 oil-producing countries, and the U.S. is not dependent on any one country or region for its supply.*
- You can rely on us! Hart Home Comfort offers dependable, courteous personalized service - with around-the-clock emergency response and a small-town, neighborly feeling that makes us easy to do business with.
EcoBlend is economical.
- The price is right. EcoBlend heating oil has been the value leader for the majority of the past 20 years.
- Competition keeps prices in check. Competition among local heating oil companies helps to ensure a better value.
EcoBlend is efficient.
- EcoBlend Heating oil is hot! Of all heating fuels, EcoBlend heating oil has the hottest flame - for satisfying warmth, and rapid space and hot water heating.
EcoBlend requires no modifications to your existing heating oil system. All blends up to B20 (20% biodiesel) have been tested and confirmed to be completely compatible with existing heating oil technology.
- Heating oil systems are super-efficient! Thanks to major advancements being made in oil burner technology, some heating oil systems now boast efficiency ratings of over 95%! Modern heating oil equipment actually burns less fuel. The average annual fuel consumption in 1973 was 1,294 gallons. Today, it is only 833 gallons, that's 35% less fuel.
Ultra-Low Sulfur Heating Oil
Your heating oil is better than ever!
In 2010, New York State approved a switch to ultra-low sulfur heating oil (ULSHO), which reduces sulfur content in the fuel by 99%. The law went into effect on July 1, 2012. All EcoBlend fuel contains ultra-low sulfur heating oil.
Ultra-Low Sulfur Heating Oil (ULSHO) Benefits:
- Heating equipment that runs on ULSHO lasts longer and requires less maintenance.
- Using ULSHO could also increase your heating system’s efficiency. According to the Consumer Energy Council of America, ULSHO reduces emissions by over 70% compared to traditional heating fuel.
- You don’t need to make any modifications to your oil burners, boilers, furnaces, fuel tanks or any heating system components in order to use ULSHO.
- ULSHO can be blended with renewable, eco-friendly biodiesel to create EcoBlend, the cleanest home heating fuel in the USA. Combine that with the latest advanced oil burners, and emissions are reduced even further!
In addition to all these benefits, heating oil offers value-added full service - including price protection, service plans and our Hart Comfort Budget Plan. Click here for more about Hart Home Comfort's services.
EcoBlend is better in so many ways:
Better for America: Because the alternative Bioheat® fuel, EcoBlend, is made from renewable resources produced in America, it helps support our nation's farmers while reducing our dependence on foreign oil.
Better for the environment: Because the Bioheat® fuel contains virtually no sulfur, EcoBlend reduces particulates and greenhouse gases that lead to air pollution and global warming.
Better for your heating system ... and your comfort: EcoBlend lubricates heating system parts more thoroughly and efficiently, helping to reduce service calls. Plus, the alternative Bioheat® fuel has the highest BTU content of any alternative fuel, for more efficient burning and satisfying warmth.
Better for your budget: Although EcoBlend costs slightly more than "regular" heating oil, we believe in it so much we are absorbing the additional costs of bringing it to you. By using EcoBlend, you'll get up to a 20-cent per gallon New York State tax credit.